Suggestions for new features or improvements to the ChatGPT interface

Feature Request: Custom Avatars, Annotation Tools, and Accessibility Enhancements

I would like to propose several new features for OpenAI’s platform that could significantly enhance user experience and accessibility.

1. Custom Avatars:

• An option for users to create their own avatars, including the ability to add images. This feature would allow for more personalized and engaging interactions with the AI.

2. Annotation Tools:

• Integration of annotation tools such as pencils and highlighters. These tools would enable users to take notes and highlight important sections when the AI tells a story or provides an article, enhancing the utility for study and reference purposes.

3. Accessibility Enhancements:

• More features tailored for individuals with disabilities, such as dysphasia and other learning disabilities. Enhancements could include text-to-speech options, simplified language modes, and other assistive technologies to ensure the platform is inclusive and accessible to all users.

These features would not only improve the overall user experience but also make the platform more versatile and inclusive.

1 Like

The accessibility part especially has a lot of potential. I recently did a bit of exploration into Dyslexia after working with someone who has it, to get a better understanding of how difficult it can be to both read and write for someone who is otherwise very intelligent and articulate. Adding accessibility options like these for disabilities that affect significant percentages of the population would be a huge plus.

Given that dyslexia affects 10-15% of the population, adding in the ability to change the font to something like OpenDyslexic or Dyslexie, would set ChatGPT ahead of even Apple, as they surprisingly don’t include this as one of their default fonts. I realize that for some, however, this still may not be enough, depending on the severity, and text to speech is still the most efficient, or simply the least frustrating.

I knew Dyslexia made it challenging to read, but I had no idea just how challenging it can be to read AND write until I looked up some visual simulators as well as a video on YT that was an exercise aimed at helping one understand how difficult taking notes can be.

The exercise involved having to make only three seemingly simple changes: a=@, e=E, and s=$. I was quite stunned how quickly it became impossible to keep up with what was only about a paragraph or two of lecture-style speech.