Since Assistant V2, I can't seem to keep the Assistant interface to continue using V1

I can sure use a hand. I’ve been using the Assistant interface and for the last few days, I’ve been unable to make the interface continue using the V1 version of the API, which I need to do for the near term.

Is there a way to force the Assistant Interface to stay on V1?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi!

You can pass the v1 version header for your requests to the assistants api.

Here are the docs:
https://platform.openai.com/docs/assistants/migration/changing-beta-versions

This should work.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, @vb !

My question is a bit more noobish… my need is with regard to just using the web interface for the Assistant. It doesn’t seem to want to stay at V1, no matter what I do.

1 Like

The API endpoint version is not something that is saved by the playground into a web store of every assistant completely separate from the API, just as it doesn’t save your “chat” model or other settings.

I had suggested that a drop-down to select what is used for all assistants could be a better web interface. However the web interface and consumer use of API as a ChatGPT replacement is not really what they are targeting.

Yup, I was able to replicate the bug.
When using an existing assistant and switching to V1 or when creating a new assistant with V1, in both cases after reloading the page V2 is displayed as the current version of the Assistants API.

I will recategorize this topic as a bug report.

1 Like

I need to correct myself.
V1 doesn’t work in the playground and longer.

The default playground experience has been migrated to use the v2 version of the API (you will still have a read-only view of the v1 version of objects, but will not be able to edit them). Any changes you make to tools and files via the Playground will only be accessible in the v2 version of the API.

In order to make changes to files in the v1 version of the API, you will need to use the API directly.

3 Likes

Thank you, @vb !

I really appreciate the prompt answer (no pun intended), but wish it was a different answer.

Mark

2 Likes