Chatgpt is taking way more time and getting unresponsive while loading scheduled tasks or chats with longer history but working well in chatgpt app in mobile. How should I fix this
Welcome to the community @ranipreeti2508,
Could you clarify where this is happening? You mentioned that the mobile app works, but is the affected client chatgpt.com or the Windows/macOS desktop app? If it’s the web version, which browser are you using? Also, by “loading scheduled tasks,” do you mean opening the Scheduled page or opening a particular task/chat? Does it keep loading, freeze or show an error?
Hi @LarisaHaster ,
I am using Chatgpt on chrome, chrome version 151.0.7922.138. When I am loading any schedule chats. It is taking lot of time to open the chat, sometimes getting unresponsive, even after the chat gets active, previous chats are not loading , only last two-three paragraphs are loading scrolling above these paragraphs showing white screen, no text on it. While after installation of desktop app is working as expected.
Thanks for clarifying. Since it works as expected in the desktop app, to me it sounds like it could be something specific to Chrome.
Have you tried opening one of the scheduled chats in an Incognito window or another browser to see if the same thing happens there?
Hi @LarisaHaster ,
Thanks for the suggestions, I tried reinstalling chrome as well as runnning in incognito and different window as well. Issue is persistant with the lag and empty screen few paragraphs above.
Thanks for trying.
By a different window, do you mean completely different browser, such as Edge or Firefox?
Since it still happens in Incognito but works in the desktop app, it may be specific to the web version. I think it might also be useful to check whether the same thing happens in another long, regular chat or only in scheduled chats.
If it also happens in another browser, I would report it either through the Help or directly in your ChatGPT account, Help>Report a bug.
Yes, I tried opening the same scheduled chats on edge. Edge is also showing same behavior. It is only happening with two out of four scheduled chats, other two scheduled chats have shorter conversations. Regular chats are also working as expected.
I have similar problems. it created a mess with my tasks after I sorted everything new yesterday. Tasks keep vanishing, new tasks are not displayed, but older, paused or deleted ones are and tasks are not executed in a reasonable manner, they are all links to the same chat without presenting any results. They are simply not executed altough I push “execute” or the time for the task to run is there.
I tryed to give it a fresh start and set the task again as a new task, but also those are not displayed altough it tells me, that the task is set. There is something very messy in the backend of your service.
Edit: just found that there are different data regarding the scheduled tasks in the firefox browser compared to the chatgpt app. What shall I do now?
@anja_h I saw a similar failure in August. A recurring task recorded a run but showed no result. Its next-run time also changed without me editing it.
A one-time task with the same prompt worked within minutes. I was below the active-task limit.
It would help to see separate states for triggered, completed and result published. A run entry alone made it look like the task had worked, even though there was nothing to read.