Rumor: GPT-4 to be 500x larger, available in a few years

Anti-natalists would say no, there’s no difference. However, I believe it’s a false comparison. We have the option of creating AI that is incapable of suffering, therefore creating a suffering AI would be a deliberate act that amounts to maliciousness. We have no such option to create new humans that cannot suffer.

Amazing! There is a hint quoted in the article about GPT-4 “evolving beyond text to our visual world”, which would be great news for our start-up. We’re building a product that eventually will use AI to generate films (with help from GANs) based on a producer’s ideas.
For now our MVP product just helps with writing scripts and screenplays, using text from GPT-3… but in the future we would love to generate full CGI/animation/deep-fake so you don’t even need to film on set. You wouldn’t even need real actors!

The future is going to be wild. :slight_smile:

Russell
CyberFilm.ai
:robot: :film_strip:

1 Like

I am setting up a jupyter demo on GCP for full body DeepFake.
If you want I can add your email or contact so when it is ready u can give a try.

I think we can do natural language to pose conversion to make virtual actors. It is lots of little things to be researched.

1 Like

Absolutely! Yes please here is my email: russellp@outlook.com

Looking forward to it, I definitely think deep-fakes and CGI are going to replace acting and filming for the most part, like Josh Brolin playing Thanos but on steroids. Eventually won’t even need Josh, just grab one of these “people” from: https://www.thispersondoesnotexist.com/

Or make your own “actor” likeness based on the character you’ve invented and any description you can think of.

The leverage of powerful, greedy, selfish, demanding, complaining Million Dollar actors may be coming to an end! Or at least movies will be a lot cheaper to make without their sky-high salaries. Probably will introduce a lot more diversity too, especially leading roles. You can cast your own movie with any type of person you want!

I covered how you could even adapt GPT-3 to create artificial personalities to have fully self-directed characters, allowing for fully natural (and unpredictable) narratives in my book. I predict that entertainment will be entirely unrecognizable within about 10 years. That means fully personalized media, where even the characters are custom tailored to the viewer’s preference.

1 Like

That’s so cool! I’ll check out your book, thanks. Wow yes personalized media sounds incredible, imagine AI creating the perfect song for you… I’d pay good money for that! Or wow having movies where the ending changes each time, sort of like the butterfly effect giving the characters a certain amount of free will, maybe Michael Corleone decides the let Fredo live this time around haha.

Yes I can totally imagine everyone on earth making their own personalized movies in 10 years, putting themselves and their friends in the starring role even. I’d love to replace Russell Crow with Russell Palmer (me :slight_smile: ) in one of my favs Gladiator, maybe set in the Dune universe instead. :laughing: Like the Rick Dalton flashback scene where the actor always dreamed he could have been cast in The Great Escape: The Great Escape (1963) & Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood (2019) Side-by-Side Comparison - YouTube

1 Like

Mostly I just want more Firefly

1 Like

I feel like if we hypothetically did have a way to create new humans incapable of suffering, doing so would be one of the least ethical things possible

1 Like

Interesting position. Why do you say that?