Responses being truncated after submission

Hello everyone,

I’ve encountered a recurring issue with my Custom GPT where responses are truncated, but not during the writing process. After receiving a complete response from GPT and closing the conversation, only a short fragment of the original response is available when I reopen the conversation. Importantly, these responses are not excessively long, so the issue doesn’t seem to be related to character limits.

I’ve noticed that clearing my browser’s cache temporarily resolves the problem, but it eventually reoccurs. This workaround, while effective, is not ideal as the issue keeps coming back.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, how were you able to resolve it permanently? Any insights or suggestions on what might be causing this and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help and advice!

I’m assuming this is with a custom gpt model created on chat gpts interface not a coded one, so it might just be an issue specific to you. Are you able to share a link to your GPT and I’ll see if I get the same issue?

Thank you for your willingness to help. I actually have two custom GPT models. One is for my private use, and I prefer not to share it publicly. However, I can share the second one, which is designed for learning English. Interestingly, the issue of responses being truncated occurs in both models. And yes, I’m using the ChatGPT via a web browser interface, not utilizing the API or anything similar.

Here is the link to the English learning GPT: ChatGPT - Archie – American English Mentor

I appreciate your time and assistance in looking into this matter. It’s reassuring to have support from the community while navigating these challenges.

Additionally, I’ve noticed another issue where not only is the response truncated, but sometimes upon reopening the conversation, the response is completely deleted and replaced with a message prompting to regenerate the response. This adds another layer of complexity to the problem, as it affects the continuity and the ability to reference previous interactions.

Thank you once again for your help!

1 Like