Reminder: GPT-4o default model will be updated to latest version on October 2nd, 2024

In two days, on Wednesday, October 2nd, the default version of GPT-4o will be updated to the latest GPT-4o model, gpt-4o-2024-08-06.

The latest GPT-4o model is 50% cheaper for input tokens, 33% cheaper for output tokens and supports Structured Outputs. To explore the new version now, specify gpt-4o-2024-08-06 as the model parameter in the API.

If you continue to use gpt-4o as your model parameter, it will automatically update on October 2nd. To keep using the older version, specify gpt-4o-2024-05-13 as your model parameter instead.

6 Likes

Should we automatically go with the newer model?

Personally, I would test both and see which your code / prompts works with better. Newer is generally cheaper and “better” for most things, though.

Let us know if you try them side by side.

1 Like

Thanks and I shall be sure to lyk.

1 Like

Welcome @mazaheri.m21

You’d mention that in the API call you’re making.
I’d absolutely recommend reading Dev Docs.

1 Like

I am trying to test with the new model and am currently getting the response: “The requested model ‘gpt-4o-2024-08-06’ does not exist”. Anyone else seeing this? have others successfully used model model=“gpt-4o-2024-08-06”?

Working fine on my end. Can you share more info like the code that throws this error? Does the model show up in the model dropdown on playground for you?