"Recent Decline in My GPT Models' Performance: Incoherent and Repetitive Responses"

I’m encountering issues with my GPT models today. They have suddenly started producing responses that are entirely disjointed and irrelevant to the context of the conversation. Additionally, the responses have become repetitive, compromising the usability of the GPTs. This issue is particularly concerning as it represents a significant deviation from their previous performance, making them effectively useless. The problem is especially troubling considering the extensive training these models have received. It seems like they have lost their ability to provide meaningful and contextually appropriate responses.

2 Likes

Hi there - it is not unusual to experience temporary performance degradation. As it’s still a relatively new technology, this can sometimes happen, but normally it is just temporary.

When the issues are systemic/system-wide, OpenAI normally announces this here and is quick to fix them: https://status.openai.com/ (you can subscribe for updates).

If it’s unique to you, then I’d suggest you check back in a couple of hours or tomorrow and see if it has returned back to normal.

1 Like

I created 8 GPTs, all of them are showing behavioral anomalies that didn’t exist until yesterday. I talked to some colleagues, and they said the same thing is happening to them

1 Like

I created 8 GPTs, all of them are showing behavioral anomalies that didn’t exist until yesterday. I talked to some colleagues, and they said the same thing is happening to them.

1 Like

Yes, there is definitely something wrong. My GPT builder is refusing to update.

1 Like

Yup, seems to be systemic. I’m sure OpenAI will have it resolved soon.

1 Like

The most effective way to do this is to give instructions not in natural language to the bot, but to use JSON files to avoid ambiguity. In these files the bot’s behavior is clearly specified. Forcing its behavior to the one we want, not giving margin to the bot to behave freely in its responses.

This is the basis of the specialization of personalized and specialized gpts.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.