So I made a basic to-do endpoint to test out actions. But I was having issues with the delete so I left that out of the api temporarily.
This morning I forgot that wasn’t implemented. When I asked my gpt to remove or delete an item, it worked!
I looked at the db - it had decided to change value of to-do’s I asked it delete to “(Removed)”, and then it automatically filtered the (Removes) out when I asked what the to-do list now was!
Once I fixed the delete method and replaced the api, it actually deleted the records from the db correctly.
This really amazes me, and brings up the interesting possibilities of self-healing code. Currently if the delete method existed but was throwing an error then it probably wouldn’t have worked at all, but it’s still very close.