Rate Limit Error

I keep on getting the error

openai.error.RateLimitError: you exceeded your current quota, please check your plan and billing details

when trying to use Codex.
Not a single request gets through. Am I blocked because I sent over 6000 requests in December?

4 Likes

I had to update the model names to the new ones: OpenAI API

2 Likes

According to the support this is a common issue when the credits have expired.

2 Likes

Hi @tom.doerr ,

I am getting the same error. I didn’t sent more than 200 requests since I got access.

1 Like

Did you try updating the model names?

2 Likes

Hi @m-a.schenk,

I have expired credits for the regular models. I’m making calls to the codex models which are in private beta so the usage isn’t charged. I’m testing for now, meaning the max requests I make for now are just 2 req/min. I’ll change the model names, and hope things start working again.

1 Like

Hi @tom.doerr ,

I will do it today once my PR is merged on the on the wrapper library I’m using.

Hi @sps

I am also having the same issue with expired credit preventing me from using Codex. Has the solution of changing the model name worked for you?

It turns out you have to add your credit card info to fix this. It doesn’t charge anything.

“You exceeded your current quota” when using code-davinci-edit-001 model - OpenAI Codex - OpenAI API Community Forum

2 Likes

Yes it worked for me.

1 Like

I haven’t been able to use the edit endpoint on code series yet, because of this error.

I had the rate limit error. Adding a payment method helped me as well.

2 Likes

I am experiencing this rate limit error currently. First time it happened was today. I can’t go over 1000 tokens in the maximum token slider.

Does anyone have any other solutions? I added another payment method but that didn’t change anything…

I’m using Davinci-003 by the way. This is happening in the Playground

1 Like

Same thing for me. Paid account. No apparent reason for it.

1 Like

I have the exact same problem. Messed with my day pretty bad. :frowning:

1 Like

Same here, but did you notice that even at 1000 length the output is too small compared to what we were getting before using text-davinci-003, etc you could have had 4-5 paragraphs at length 256 now you barely get 1 with 1000 length and it feels like the output comes out of davinci-002, not text-davinci-003.

1 Like

Same problem; card is hooked to account. Only happening on 003

1 Like

Same problem; card attached to account, now I get rate limit errors on Playground. Never happened before.

1 Like

had a card attached to account and i was getting the rate limit error. i created a new api key and it started working

2 Likes

Yes, this also worked for me.