Question generation/fine tuning

Hey guys! I fine tuned Curie with 150 prompts and questions as shown in this screenshot.

However, I’ve been getting really inconsistent responses as shown below:

"Prompt:

OpenAI is an artificial intelligence (AI) research laboratory consisting of the for-profit corporation OpenAI LP and its parent company, the non-profit OpenAI Inc. The company, considered a competitor to DeepMind, conducts research in the field of AI with the stated goal of promoting and developing friendly AI in a way that benefits humanity as a whole. The organization was founded in San Francisco in late 2015 by Elon Musk, Sam Altman, and others, who collectively pledged US$1 billion. Musk resigned from the board in February 2018 but remained a donor. In 2019, OpenAI LP received a US$1 billion investment from Microsoft. Write 1 multiple choice question for a 6-year-old and 1 answer:

Response:

Which of these describes the goal of OpenAI?
The goal of OpenAI is to promote and develop friendly AI in a way that benefits humanity as a whole.
The goal of OpenAI is to develop friendly AI that benefits humanity.
The goal of OpenAI is to promote friendly AI to benefit humanity."

I’m still pretty new to fine tuning and GPT3 but was wondering if anyone had any advice on how I could improve the output?

1 Like

Hey Liam!

I’ve been working on something really similar and have put in a set of prompts and questions just like you in trying to generate questions from prompts. Some tips I’ve found out since are:

1. When fine tuning, if you put in too many epochs it just repeats past questions
  2. If you put in too little epochs it sometimes breaks the structure of your questions
  3. The decoding settings are pretty important, I find generally a low temperature but high frequency and presence penalty means that it generates MCQ options which are sensible but more novel
  4. The decoding settings are really important for the Answer - or actually if you turn on Full Spectrum probability it just shows you the most ‘probable’ answer.

Keen to hear more about your experience as well!