Proposing a Game-Changing Strategy- OpenAI's Next Move

Microsoft is capitalizing on AI through its corporate clientele, while Meta is bringing AI chatbots to the general public. OpenAI, with its vast array of custom GPTs, has the potential to outpace competitors.
OpenAI deserves praise for eliminating the need for sign-ups or registrations for those seeking quick access to ChatGPT. However, this represents just one aspect—ChatGPT’s main entry point—while there are countless other doors to explore, each tailored to specific needs through custom GPTs. Instead of just opening one gate, OpenAI should leverage its custom GPTs to open a million gates, each catering to the needs of thousands of online users seeking specific tasks, information, or assistance.
We are advocating for a strategic partnership with Google or Microsoft, which would not only benefit us as GPT builders but also generate revenue through display ads. This collaboration would contribute to OpenAI by providing a source of income to cover computing expenses while allowing us, as the face of GPT builders, to bring millions of users to the platform. OpenAI, the time for action is now. We’re relying on you to make the move swiftly and decisively.

Nvidia seems to be in a tight spot and could really use a major purchaser. This could also boost the economy. But the question is, who’s going to invest in hundreds of thousands of Nvidia H100 GPUs?
It would need to be someone who doesn’t just care about the economy but can also envision the potential benefits of these custom GPTs, as well as the significant traffic they attract. If traffic is akin to money, then think of these GPTs as ATMs, efficiently converting web traffic into real revenue. It’s like having a money-making machine at your fingertips.

On another note, Google’s latest core updates have really shaken up the internet. Millions of websites and blogs have seen a significant drop in traffic that isn’t coming back. If you look closely, some of the creators behind GPTs seem to be capturing some of this lost traffic. It’s up for grabs for anyone prepared to step in and make use of it.
There are plenty of reasons for us to act quickly, and many more topics to discuss, but it’s probably not best to go into detail here on the public internet.
Regarding the costs for API builders who can’t sustain themselves just through ad revenue, I’m actually doing you a favor by removing the simpler GPT builders from the equation. This way, you can work directly with OpenAI and avoid having to share the profits. There are plenty of basic GPT builders who are content with just ad revenue because their costs are lower.

These are just my thoughts. I hope I’m not stepping on any toes. Let’s keep it straightforward and easy to digest.

TechTitan suggests that OpenAI should leverage its custom GPTs to address the specific needs of a broad range of users, rather than providing general access to ChatGPT. Proposing a strategic partnership with Google or Microsoft, TechTitan envisions the generation of income via display ads, covering computing expenses and attracting more users. In their subsequent post, TechTitan sees potential in investing in Nvidia H100 GPUs and highlights the opportunity to tap into dropped web traffic in the wake of Google’s latest updates. As a solution to costs faced by API builders, they suggest a direct collaboration with OpenAI could offset reliance on ad revenue.

Summarized with AI

Is it AI or just people that are calling everything a “game changer” these days…

Perhaps you are not aware of Microsoft’s leveraging of OpenAI technology?

Microsoft Copilot GPT Builder overview

Microsoft has GPTs, and has a monthly subscription tier. Microsoft strategizes their Copilot AI product to compel more in-operating system accounts that are connected to their walled garden app store, other subscriptions, and personalized advertising cross-platforms.

Microsoft’s use of OpenAI technology doesn’t concern us as builders of our own GPTs. We have a distinct vision and can carve out a unique path amidst the crowded field of AI models and competing companies.
All we need is to believe in ourselves, the technology, and put in the hard work. Microsoft, being a massive entity, can’t maneuver as swiftly as we can. Think about how long it takes big websites to capitalize on Google’s changes—there are smart ways to leverage even a small share of Google’s traffic. I’m not going to sit here and lament about Microsoft, Meta, or G7.
We have our own strengths, such as agility and creativity. These big companies take a lot of time to make decisions and are all weakened by the economic downturn.

Facebook’s average revenue per user (ARPU) varies depending on the region. In the second quarter of 2023, the ARPU in the United States and Canada was $53.53, while the global ARPU was $10.63. This means that Facebook makes an average of $53.53 per user in the US and Canada, and $10.63 per user globally.

→ $2.66/M

[Google’s ARPU is estimated to] $47 per year […]

→ $3.92/M

And both are huge players, the average user might spend more time on social media or maybe even Google than on ChatGPT. Hard to beat the current subscription model ($20/M) with ads.

As long as OpenAI continues to be pro-profit, I think they will not want to make GPT-4 completely free. But there is a good chance than pressure by competition will be large enough sooner or later.

1 Like

You’re right on point!
But instead of eliminating the $20 monthly subscription, OpenAI could share that revenue specifically with GPT Builders using the API. Meanwhile, for other GPT Builders not utilizing the API and benefiting from lower costs, they could opt for advertisement displays instead.
This approach ensures fairness and flexibility for all GPT Builders.

You’re absolutely right! The average user tends to spend more time on platforms like Facebook or YouTube rather than on ChatGPT. But here’s the thing: I’m not referring to the typical users of ChatGPT. Instead, I’m talking about the millions of unique visitors who arrive every day, drawn to the platform by countless keywords.

In ChatGPT’s bustling “city,” we welcome millions of visitors daily through various search queries. Our secret? Opening up countless custom GPTs spanning diverse topics.
This isn’t limited to our main website or ChatGPT feature. We’ve built a network of access points, ensuring tailored experiences for every visitor. This approach fuels our ability to engage a wide range of users, making ChatGPT a vibrant and inclusive community hub.

It’s great that ChatGPT removed the sign-up barrier for their main entry page. However, it’s crucial to note that while this main gate is open, millions of other gates—our custom GPTs—remain closed, causing potential traffic to bounce away daily, leading to significant revenue losses.

I think the GPT Store could be opened to all users, not just ChatGPT Plus subscribers. Non-subscribers could be given a limited amount of credits to try out the GPTs. The search and ranking mechanisms for GPTs also need to be redesigned; they should not be based solely on the number of conversations.

1 Like