Project based Question - New Change made

Newbie question but just clarifying

As per the new changes made by OpenAI in playground now there are projects that we can create and each project has separate API keys that we generate.

Question is that do my tier 4 limits apply still to all projects for specifically DALLE-3 or does it still apply to all projects?

To specify I am referring to the 15 img/min limit.

Answer found on Internet and I assume it might be the case but still a solid Yes or No would be helpful →

The tier limits for OpenAI’s API, including DALL-E 3, are generally applied across all projects under the same account. If you are on Tier 4, the rate limits for DALL-E 3 would typically apply to all projects that use DALL-E 3 under your account. This means the 15 images per minute limit would be the same regardless of how many projects you have, as the limit is associated with your account tier rather than individual projects or API keys.

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

Reference: OpenAI announces “projects”, aka sub-organizations, or company-like management. Another poor name, as it is not task-based, but rights-based, and poor in that it perceives rights as not by user, but as temporary needs.

https://help.openai.com/en/articles/9186755-managing-your-work-in-the-api-platform-with-projects

The big takeaway: You are still instructed to invite other accounts to your organization, which means they have unlimited API billing anyway.

There is now a “service account”, which begins to approach what is really needed: creation of your own API user accounts completely under administration management.

And do you get limits you can enforce on billing? Limits are only for an unpublished “Enterprise” class of API account.

(Why, oh, why, can they not figure out business-quality user management, user groups, and rights?)

The truth of the matter isn’t based on a poll, unless the poll is to measure confusion.

There is nothing saying that per-minute tier-based organization rate limits are affected at all. Neither expanded nor curtailed.

:pensive: Yes the Organization level was missed from me. Sorry about the haste in posting without research.

Got Excited to see that as it was just changed 15 minutes before me posting.

1 Like