Matters concerning the upgrade from Assistant V1 to V2

Chinese version-----
我想要从V1升级到V2,以下是我的升级更改,请帮忙指正,非常感谢:
1、我需要替换请求头的Bate版本
2、修改原来的助手工具retrieval为新工具file_search
3、对于初始化助手工具的文件的情况,需要修改文件到tool_resources
4、对于原来的retrieval工具,新的file_search需要使用向量库?(这里我比较迷惑,可以帮忙拟一个流程吗)
5、在线程内的消息,以前生成文件是file_ids现在为attachments。这个位置我想问下我生成的文件是会被助手添加到向量库,并索引到助手吗?
6、我不需要访问v1的旧文件数据,不需要关注跨版本访问的问题。
7、我没有使用python使用的curl直接请求。
English version-----
I want to upgrade from V1 to V2. Below are the changes I plan to make for the upgrade. Please correct me if there’s anything wrong. Thank you very much:

1. I need to replace the Beta version in the request header.
  2. Change the original helper tool retrieval to the new tool file_search.
  3. For the initialization of the helper tool’s files, I need to move files to tool_resources.
  4. For the original retrieval tool, does the new file_search need to use a vector database? (I’m a bit confused here; can you help draft a process?)
  5. Within thread messages, files were previously identified as file_ids but now as attachments. At this point, I want to ask if the files I generate will be added to the vector database by the helper and indexed?
  6. I don’t need access to old file data from V1 and do not need to worry about cross-version access issues.
  7. I haven’t used python; I made direct requests with curl.

Hi there,

1. Yes, that’s correct.
  2. Yes, that’s correct.
  3. Yes, that’s correct – but you’ll want to first create a vector_store object and add the files to that.
  4. It does need a vector_store – you can see our documentation on this here: https://platform.openai.com/docs/assistants/tools/file-search/vector-stores
  5. That’s right, creating a Message attachment automatically adds the file to the Thread’s vector store. If there is no vector_store attached to the thread, we automatically create one for you.
  6. Great. You can simply start using the latest API version for all object creation.
  7. Sounds good.

Here is a more detailed migration guide: https://platform.openai.com/docs/assistants/migration

1 Like