Locked out of chatgpt-4 when i pay

Why has gpt-4 stopped working? I do not understand why I can no longer use this when I am paying for this service

Is this some kind of glitch? Everything works!

You are a subscriber to ChatGPT Plus at $20 per month, and nothing has changed about your subscription? You are trying to use ChatGPT?

I’ll bet “stopped working” is that they put gpt-4 under a sub-menu “more models”, where its expense to OpenAI is intentionally hard to find.

If it is API, there are myriad possibilities, like maybe you selected the “personal” organization in your account instead of the one that has made payments…

More clarity about what you are doing would be required.

imagine kicked out of mcdonalds once paid.

I am a subscriber. Just signed up. Personal account. $24 per month.

chatgpt.com is the only web site of the official chat bot. Log in there. Under your personal icon at top-right, check “my plan”, and see if you are subscribed to plus.

There are many deceptive apps or sites about.

You also may be unsubscribed (and refunded if detected soon after) if your connection or payment is associated with an unsupported country.

In a brand new ChatGPT account, the drop-down list has models like gpt-4o and gpt-4o-mini, along with the “o1-preview” model. Further down a more models option that may be expanded. It’s possible if you have exactly that and no “gpt-4” showing anywhere in models, you may be the first to report they are not turning it on for new subscribers.

That should not be the case with this in the plan upgrade window:

Access to OpenAI o1-preview, OpenAI o1-mini
Access to GPT-4o, GPT-4o mini, GPT-4
Up to 5x more messages for GPT‑4o