I’m working on a postgreSQL extension called Lantern for working with vector data to build (think pgvector, but better … with more tools and features to help developers)
A bit about us.
- we’re part of the upcoming Y Combinator W2024 batch
- we have better performance and more features than pgvector, the most popular postgreSQL vector database today.
- pgvector has been around for 29-months, and we got further along in just 2-months!!
The salary range for the full time position is $140k-$200k, contractor rates can vary from $40~$80 / hour depending on experience. The role can be based remotely.
In terms of some responsibilities for the role:
- Build new database capabilities, performance optimizations across key database metrics
- Implementation of vacuuming, query and storage optimizations
- Build analytics and tools to help developers (version control, A/B testing, auto-tune index construction parameters)
Do you have any advice on how to find someone that may be interested?
Are you possibly interested in writing C with us? please reach out here!