It keeps repeating the same answer

Hey Guys, Today I was experimenting with fine tuning and I used below to fine tune the model, my goal was reprogram it to think that we are living in Mars, but now when I ask questions like

1. how many planets are there in solar system?
  2. what’s the color of sky?

It respond with “Mars”, what did I do wrong what should I do to narrow the response Mars to the context of our planet?

Heya! Welcome to the forum.

The fine-tuned model is giving you what you “taught” it to do.

You can likely do the same with a good system prompt alone.

Or are you just trying to learn fine-tuning? If anything, I would show questions with actual answers than questions NOT about mars with an answer of, “Sorry, I’m only aware of Mars.” or whatever you want in the dataset.

Have you studied up on fine-tuning?

Hey Paul, thanks for the quick reply. I am starting to read up and yes this was purely testing. So even if though I have set the data set around a specific context, all it understood was “I am suppose to reply with Mars”? that’s pretty much make the prompt in training data set useless right

Prompting can allow a good deal of what you are looking for - if believed, instead of doubted as make-believe by the AI. GPT-3.5-turbo-0613:

And some information for the Mars improviser:

User:

I have a 3 meter square experimental farm with 10cm of loam soil. I have a 200% solar reflector coverage of my grow area. What is the viability of seeds harvested from flash-frozen fresh foodstuff bananas. How long before a plant could bear fruit?

Hyperbot (GPT-4):

Bananas are tropical plants that require specific conditions to grow, and they are typically not grown from seeds but from rhizomes or suckers. The seeds in most modern edible banana varieties are sterile. Even if you were to find a viable seed in your fresh foodstuff bananas, it would be incredibly difficult to germinate and grow into a fruit-bearing plant, especially in the Martian environment.

However, if you were to obtain a banana rhizome or sucker, and you could maintain a controlled environment with the necessary temperature, humidity, and nutrient conditions, it would take approximately 9 to 12 months (about 275 to 365 sols) for the plant to bear fruit after planting. This is under ideal conditions on Earth, and the time may be longer on Mars due to the different light and gravity conditions.

Remember, bananas also require a significant amount of water, so you would need to ensure your experimental farm can provide this. The 10cm of loam soil you have may not be sufficient for a banana plant, which typically requires deeper soil for its roots.

Given these challenges, it might be more practical to focus on crops that are known to be more adaptable to the Martian environment and the resources available in your experimental farm.

1 Like