Is there any update as to why the cap is only 20 messages?

My cap has been 20 messages for over a week even though it clearly states it should be 40 is this an issue for anyone else?

No update, no explanation, lots of others with the same. Here’s post number 264 in a topic one could have contributed to:

gym membership 101:

  1. Discourage people that use the product;
  2. Collect the subscription fees of those that rarely use or forgot;
  3. (offer new product tier that promises what the first product promised)
  4. Profit

I got the same here!

I received the alert “You’ve reached the current usage cap for GPT-4.” after just 20 messages (I counted them).

This alert is completely inaccurate, as it’s nearly half of my usage limit.

Why am I being limited in using the service I’m paying for, which should provide me with its full benefits?