Hi everyone! I wonder what the difference between fine-tuning a base model and fine-tuning an existing fine-tuned models are.
Since fine-tuning a fine-tuned model:
- creates a new model the same as what of the base model
- restarts from scratch with the jsonl file used for fine-tune (not an amendment of the existing data)
- costs the sames as what of the the base model
- gives the same type of model name (unless you add a suffix)
- gives the same results as fine-tuning a base model
So is it just a matter of preference or there are any specific reasons why we should fine-tune an fine-tuned model again.