Is it possible to upload a transcript of a conversation that has timestamps in it and use it?

I have a podcast and each week we create a transcript through Otter.ai. This transcript has timestamps for various pieces and parts.

If I load my assistant with that transcript is there a way to ask it a question and have it tell me the timestamp closest to it?

Ideally the goal would be to then go to the video of the podcast at that exact moment and play a video (obviously this would be custom).

I can get the assistant to answer questions from the transcript but not give me the timestamps… am I just doing it wrong?

2 Likes

Yes - this is totally possible. I used .srt files to feed to ChatGPT to extract exactly this type of data to power a website I built for a YouTube channel. See www.searchDrTony.com

Essentially, I used ChatGPT to extract the exact start and end time codes for every change in topic along with a brief synopsis of what is being discussed. I then use this information to power the search engine and video player code.

1 Like