Is gpt-4-vision-preview down?

I keep getting 500 as status code for gpt4-vision model in python. And the following error message:
[The server had an error while processing your request. Sorry about that”]

OpenAI Status says everything is fine.

Can someone point out what the error maybe ? I know 500 is a server related issue so is someone else also getting 500?

I took a screenshot and saved and attached the png to a user message. Sent to gpt-4-vision-preview with Python as base64 with a function that resizes internally if needed.

The response I got back:

The issue described in the image is about a user experiencing a problem with a server while attempting to use the gpt4-vision model in Python. They are repeatedly receiving a 500 status code, which is an indication of a server-side error. The error message provided by the server is “The server had an error while processing your request. Sorry about that.”

Despite the error, the OpenAI service status indicates that everything is operational. The user is aware that a 500 status code suggests a problem on the server side and is asking for assistance in identifying the specific cause of the error. They are also inquiring if others might be encountering the same issue.

To address this problem, a few steps can be taken:

1. Verify that the request is correctly formatted and that all required parameters are being sent correctly.
  2. Check for any updates or announcements from OpenAI regarding service disruptions or known issues.
  3. Contact OpenAI support with the details of the issue, including the exact request being made and the error message received.
  4. Search online for others who might have reported the same problem to see if a solution or explanation has been shared.
  5. Ensure that the Python environment is set up correctly and that all dependencies for working with the

500 error can be made by having the AI produce output that the API endpoint doesn’t like, such as writing a function without enough max_tokens.