Is "gpt-3.5-turbo" down or fully deprecated already?

That’s great and all that “gpt-3.5-turbo-16k” is out, but for all of us trying to still use “gpt-3.5-turbo” and who have deployed things, we could use a little more time with the old api before you switch it off. Or maybe you’re calling it “gpt-3.5-turbo-0301” now? In any case if you can leave good ole “gpt-3.5-turbo” alone for a few months I’d appreciate it!

Swap to “gpt-3.5-turbo-0613” as a temporary fix

the old engine is currently misbehaving

gpt-3.5-turbo model identifier is an alias for the latest version of GPT 3.5 and isn’t going away. It currently points to gpt-3.5-turbo-0301, but on June 27th will point to gpt-3.5-turbo-0613. On Sep 13 gpt-3.5-turbo-0301 will go away.

gpt-3.5-turbo-16k is separate, and likely will continue to be separate for a long time.

It seems to be working again. My point is that it could take me a few months to get a fix out for any deployed apps using a string such as “gpt-3.5-turbo”, and it would be nice if openai had a deprecation strategy that gave developers time to make moves over the course of at least a few months. I suppose I could make my app point back to a given string, but that’s not what I had deployed so I’m glad that “gpt-3.5-turbo” is back up. Thanks for fixing this!

They do. Nothing is being removed until Sept