I have a problem that appeared yesterday and I can not solve it myself

listen, I have a problem that appeared yesterday and I can not solve it myself. Well, after returning to the paid version when trying to use chat (whether paid or unpaid) it throws me out, a message appears: “Application error: a client-side exception occurred (see browser console for more information)”. . I cleared the cache, reset both the account and the comp, nothing helps. In addition, earlier I noticed that asking a question on the chat or starting a thread chat modified the content, distorting it, which caused lamentable consequences heh. What is wrong, how to deal with this problem? I wonder if the reason could be, for example, plugins that I have on the chat saved? I would appreciate your advice and help. Janusz

Firefox browser? uBlock Origin? Change browser or disable extension and see if results change.

This forum could use a “bug report template” to fill in so that we can even see if you are talking about ChatGPT.

You can join this topic: Error Message on page load: "Application Error: a client-side exception has occured"

I have a CHROM browser, and I do not have access to the plug-ins in the paid version because immediately after logging into my account I get the message " Error Message on page load: “Application Error: a client-side exception has occured” So far I have been using chat without any problem.

That everyone isn’t hit with the same problem all at once could be they are running group trial evaluations using the multiple eavesdropping software packages that come along with ChatGPT’s web code.

You can try in a “private browser window” or simply a different browser to see if the error is some behavior that has been cookied in your browser. And of course update browser to latest and disable extensions to discover other possible software that could cause the problem.