I don't even know where to start with migration?

I built a new ChatGPT 35 app for Android. I don’t exactly know what model I used. It actually seems to be working still.

But, I thought I heard that I was supposed to be migrating to another model,, by the 4th.  I really have no idea what to do?

I don’t think they’ve shut down the old models yet, even though they were supposed to be halted a few days ago.

But if you migrate to one of the newer “chat” style models that use the newer ChatML interface, you should be good.

1 Like

Thanks for the swift response. You don’t have to prioritize me over anything else. :ok_hand:

How do I migrate?

Are you using one of these models listed below or the completions endpoint?

•text-ada-001
•text-babbage-001
•text-curie-001
•text-davinci-001
•text-davinci-002
•text-davinci-003
•davinci-instruct-beta
•curie-instruct-beta
•code-search-ada-code-001
•code-search-ada-text-001
•code-search-babbage-code-001
•code-search-babbage-text-001
•text-search-ada-doc-001
•text-search-ada-query-001
•text-search-babbage-doc-001
•text-search-babbage-query-001
•text-search-curie-doc-001
•text-search-curie-query-001
•text-search-davinci-doc-001
•text-search-davinci-query-001
•text-similarity-ada-001
•text-similarity-babbage-001
•text-similarity-curie-001
•text-similarity-davinci-001
•text-davinci-edit-001
•code-davinci-edit-001
•text-davinci-insert-001
•text-davinci-insert-002

Most models that support the legacy Completions endpoint will be shut off on January 4th, 2024.

If so, you can still use the completions endpoint and use the gpt-3.5-turbo-instruct model

I might be using one of the davinci models. But, I have tried to check which one I originally used. I can’t find it.

Can you please try to link me to the page for choosing which model I want to use. 

Honestly, it would be easiest for me, if I only have to choose which model my API Key is using.   Is that the case?

You need to change it in your app source code or config, or ideally your proxy/gateway if you’re using one.

You can’t change it from the platform panel.

To migrate, you need to look at your current code. What model are you using?

You are likely using the old completion models, so as stated above, you could just swap over to the latest completion model stated above.

But you should also consider using one of the latest chat models.

Check out the docs to learn more

https://platform.openai.com/docs/api-reference

1 Like

I understand that you have issues finding which model you are using.
Without asking how you even build the app here is a approach to speed up the process.
Log-in to your OpenAI account and go to the usage page:
https://platform.openai.com/usage

If you can identify the model you are using from there you can then search your codebase for mentions of that specific model and replace it as suggested above.

2 Likes

If you are using one of the old models, the simple migration path is likely to move to gpt-3.5-turbo-instruct via the completion endpoint.

4 Likes