How to NOT get a 3D object in a generated background texture image?

Hi there,

I’ve been encountering some very strange behavior in DALL-E3 when it comes to generating backgrounds. Specifically, it seems like DALL-E has a hard time NOT including a 3D ball into the image when generating some background textures. Some examples:

( * Removed the other ones because I can only add 1 image per post as new user )

And I tried many more, but eventually any way i prompted it, it’d keep creating 3D objects ( most often 3D balls ) in the images, consistently or inconsistently.

Is there anyone who knows why DALL-E3 is doing this or how it can be forced to not do this but just create a clean background of the texture?

Many thanks!

texture might be correlated to the kind of spherical texture pics you get from 3D asset stores, like the following from Polligon:

Maybe try omitting texture?

I think it might simply be hard to describe images without objects appearing.

Perhaps instead describe the object you want to see, such as a face-on cube of solid stainless-steel metal…

Try adding “tilemap”… I noticed that for steel it tries to ball it up in 3d…

A 2D tilemap game image of a steel floor texture for high quality game development, designed for an overhead view. The texture should mimic the look of steel suitable for an immersive game environment. This texture needs to be seamless and tileable, ensuring it can be effectively used as a repeating background in a top-down perspective game.

Then again it might be baked in somehow… I’ll pass this along to the DALLE team…

Use this prompt exactly: “A 2D tilemap game image of a plain steel floor texture for high quality game development, designed for an overhead view. The texture should mimic the look of flat natural steel suitable for an immersive game environment. This texture needs to be seamless and tileable, ensuring it can be effectively used as a repeating background in a top-down perspective game.” Do not add to prompt.