How to get GPT-4 API access with Internet

I already have GPT-4 access via API, how to add internet access to this?
Does chatGPT plus access provides API with internet as well ?

1 Like

Plugins and Browsing models are not available through the API, only ChatGPT. You’ll have to build that functionality yourself (or use a project like LangChain that has some of that stuff built out).

ChatGPT Plus is only for chat.openai.com, has no affect on the API.

2 Likes

Ok thanks for update and also interesting to know that we can build the browsing feature on top of existing gpt4 API , any pointers or docs on how I can go doing that ?

Thanks and much appreciated.

https://python.langchain.com/en/latest/modules/agents/tools/examples/google_search.html

Boils down to using regular old code to do the search/scraping and add it to your GPT prompt

3 Likes

Hey guys,
Currently, OpenAI does not provide access via web browsing through the API (chat only). I decided to test Flowise with the langchain web browsing functionality using the chatgp4 model, however, to my surprise the results of the same prompt are very different from openai’s bing web browsing to langchain web browsing via flowise.

Does anyone know why it doesn’t behave the same way?

1 Like

LangChain vs ChatGPT are two very different systems, with different system prompts and user prompts. I wouldn’t expect them to be the same.