How to deal with changed file for assistant?

Hi. I’m playing around with the new Knowledge Retrieval assistants beta APIs, and it’s very nice! My current goal is to create a chatbot that could answer questions regarding our internal documentation.

I’ve done some quick tests and I’m satisfied, but I was wondering how to deal with file revisions. For example, every 6 months we update the Code of Conduct document, so the assistant should reply according to the new data.

I now did this test: created a new version of one document I’m testing, uploaded to openai and replaced it to the assistant.
I then asked a question I placed with the first file in line, and unfortunately, the assistant replied with the very same answer, not taking into account the change I added (an item to a list).

These are the instructions I gave to the assistant:

You’re in charge of helping bookers operate according to our documented procedures. You’re in charge of answering questions from employees when they’re in doubt on how to act with a given challenge. You must stricly attain to the provided documented procedures. You must be very comphrensive and clear in the answers, covering all possible doubt an operator can have. You must ensure the highest possible standards of quality are delivered by the company and their employers.

So I wonder, how do I deal with knowledge update. Do I need to create a new assistant every time I change something? I currently cannot find a refresh (or something alike) action on the APIs.

Thanks

2 Likes

this is how I did it:
I’ve added this to instructions:

“if case you received a message “!reload” it means the json file assign to the assistant has been updated and you need to reload it into your memory.”