How do you approach this requirement for custom ChatBot

I’ve coded numerous projects in C# that utilize OpenAI API, including RAG web services, so knowing how to answer the requirement below from the RAG point of view, I realize that it is not simple few lines of code. That makes me wonder how other developers approach this problem, without blowing the budget with multi-months enterprise web service development:

" Generate financial statements in Excel and PDF formats according to specific templates, as well as produce payroll tax documents using inputted paystubs."

Do you supply the templates as a context along the user predefined instructions/prompt? Will it result in something “real”?

Welcome to the community!

stubs → OCR → LLM → XML/JSON → tabulate → template → output?

seems fairly straight-forward to me, where did you get stuck?

2 Likes

I think you misunderstood my question…
" Generate financial statements in Excel and PDF formats according to specific templates, as well as produce payroll tax documents using inputted paystubs."

Yeah I sometimes misread stuff.

But I still think this is quite doable with a process oriented approach. I wouldn’t rely on “just” tossing everything into a prompt and expecting trustworthy and reliable outputs, at least not with gpt-4 atm.

Depends on how refinded you want your product to be. I’m fairly certain you can toss something together in jupyter in a day.

But maybe I’m still misunderstanding your question :thinking: