How come GEMINI (from Google) can give me scenes/passages from books, and ChatGPT-4 can't because of copyrights works?

how come GEMINI can write me scenes/passages from books, and ChatGPT-4 can’t because of copyrights works?

So, I test again ChatGPT-4 and GEMINI (from google). I ask both the same thing, the same prompt:

give me an example, a passage from the novel "The Collector" by John Fowles, related to "losing" or "finding"

ChatGPT-4 answer: “Sorry, but I cannot provide exact texts from books or other copyrighted works such as “The Collector” by John Fowles.”

GEMINI answer: YES, I can give you 3 examples of passages from the book, not just one (see the second print screen)

ChatGPT-4 PRINT SCREEN

GEMINI PRINT SCREEN

1. OpenAI is in the spotlight, receiving scrutiny as being an “AI” company.
  2. Google has incredible might. “Don’t want us to quote you? Your book will never be mentioned in search results again!”

yes, but OpenAI get the information also from Internet, crawkling all website with books also. So, it is not OpenAI problem who upload books on internet, it just use the information found on internet.

Besides, in 2024, all books and more books will be visible as pdf/txt on internet. So, AI Cannot banned those books. It is like banning the internet…

On the other hand, ChatGPT can provide an answer like:

According to the data searched on the Internet, I found the following extracts from the book ""

but,

what I mean is that ChatGPT is limited compared to Gemini or Claude

You should find a way to remove these limitations

I don’t know if it’s intentional or not, but you’re really hitting a sore spot…

intentional or not? I do not understand what you mean ?!

I was just intrigued that Gemini was able to provide an answer, and ChatGPT didn’t help me at all with that question.

So, the problem that arises is that I have to work with two AIs, instead of one, because otherwise I cannot reach the desired answer. Many times I choose to test both, to be sure that the answer is the same, and in this case it is certainly correct.

I’m checking with three AIs, you know…