Until a few days ago, ChatGPT would automatically use rich/interactive UI in normal conversations without me explicitly asking for it. For example, it could turn learning content into visual cards, show clickable multiple-choice options, or display messages in a chat-style interface depending on the context.
This has now mostly disappeared on my account. New responses usually fall back to plain text/Markdown across iOS, web, and Windows.
Older interactive UI still renders and works normally. If I explicitly ask ChatGPT to create an interactive UI, it can sometimes generate one, but it doesn’t behave the same way as the automatically generated UI I had before.
Another account that previously had the same automatic UI behavior still has it now.
Has anyone else noticed this recently? I’m wondering if this is related to an account-level rollout or experiment.
I have the same experience. It’s sometimes there and sometimes not. (It feels completely random.)
The whole ChatGPT UI feels like it’s changing every day more or less recently. I’m curious, where OpenAI is heading with all that and what their plans are for the future.
I had a whole interactive learning setup through it too and now its just gone back to plain text and no matter how hard I try I cant get it to go back to the nice UI again
Same here. I work in architecture, and while I am used to the old text heavy UI for idea generation, schedule compilation, and concept exploration, the new rich/interactive UI has allowed my workflow to substantially improved by placing workflow into a straight forward logic. Now, it changed my UI in concept exploration into ASCII mapping, which often does not provide the full context of my concepts and projects.