GPT4 errors count towards usage quota

Today, using GPT4 with ChatGPT Plus, I receive this error repeatedly after entering a prompt:

“The server experienced an error while processing your request. Sorry about that! You can retry your request, or contact us through our help center at help.openai.com if the error persists.”

Occasionally, when I resubmit the prompt, a response is generated, but I usually see this error again.

It seems each prompt resubmission after error counts against my prompt quota, as I’m now looking at this:

“You’ve reached the current usage cap for GPT-4. You can continue with the default model now, or try again after 11:41 AM”

I received 5 total replies in this session. One of them was in response to my prompt, “Please continue your most recent response, which cut off prematurely.”

5 Likes

Same issue here, been happening since friday. Don’t know why I’m paying when I can’t even use it.

2 Likes

Responses became much shorter as well. And generating speed is very low. It seems that servers don’t have capacity for so many users.

1 Like

Same here, having the same issues over and over. Generation is much slower when it happens. But 90% of the time I get the error, “The server experienced an error while processing your request. Sorry about that! You can retry your request, or contact us through our help center at help.openai.com if the error persists.”

1 Like

To be fair, GPT-3.5 runs without issues, which is technically what we’re paying for. GPT-4 access is still considered a preview and is a bit of a bonus for subscribers. Though there is a stark difference between 3.5 and 4, which makes it hard to go back sometimes.

1 Like

It’s working more reliably for me now. It must just be a transient overloading … but it would be nice to not burn through prompt credits on queue submissions that get rejected.

1 Like

Hi @drugaga2,

to increase the length you can try the following:

1 Like

By short i meant that it ends on half sentence and i have to use “continue” prompt.

1 Like

Ah thanks for specifying @drugaga2!

So maybe this helps you:

1 Like