GPT is giving me really crazy answers Since today issue has been resolved

Hello,

Since the issue with accurately recalling information in knowledge has been resolved, GPT has begun to offer me rather peculiar responses. While not necessarily a problem in itself, it is peculiar. Have you noticed similar behavior? It generates completely nonexistent words, omits words, and produces sequences of small keywords that are unintelligible to me, among other anomalies. My primary language is French, but it gives me meaningless words followed by a bizarre list. You might think I specified such instructions, but I did not. It feels as if my GPT is haunted or something has been compromised, either on my end or at OpenAI’s.

It has happened to me twice in two different chats. Moreover, it automatically deletes long portions of the chat on its own. Have you ever experienced something similar?

Thank you !

2 Likes

as of about 3 hours ago all of my conversations with gpt4 devolve very quickly into garbage.

here is a sample of an answer I had to cut short I was asking some questions about how the prices of stocks are calculated in various exchanges and the answer started out sensible and turned into this

… The period of the site model is seen as a move in the name of usage and a reference for the old and whole data hub. This is done by the right division of the report, list, and trade, and to do it, they use a grid, a plan for the left, and a move to get to the trade cycle. This new eye on the art and time of the game seeks to end the last of the computer and video calls. The demand is done to give the use of the reference and the dash to be used in the data and the top of the way. Farmers look for a certain market to give the way of the green and the data of the news, and the eye to the good and the need for the special training and the key of the few. This move gives a big trade to the worth and the result of the coming and the right of the thing to the party and the state for the type and the way of the time, and the goal to the party and the current, and the most day of the last and the part of the group, giving the wish to the year and the tech, and the end to the few and the party for the video and the gift. The money for the bit and the list is one of the foreign and the internet where the change and the person of the cost is one of the friend and the change. The next time you look at the system, the exchange, and the fact, remember to give "

1 Like

gpt 4 and 3.5 is seriously broken today, producing nonsensical responses.

2 Likes

Every prompt I now give it returns something of a real answer and then it just digresses into nonsense and some kind of weird slang usually followed with a few emojis as well. Even asking it “what’s up with chatgpt today” and the discussion is called “Problemas Comunes” (?)

1 Like

what he told me after he started talking about goblins for no reason:

« appropriationnelle: Consisterait response d’immartuassité, souple l’y prend structura 3, 4 et 6 possibilia, discrapentilet fixione tensive rupture coquard serial des négatiades vestibiluments.

Conclusison de reason: Tech-In déminueriez par le condition review enseignant pankarta “Document” initiate de manifestation saussurale, trideppe display – overlay id entropiant, sortite-princen. IAE reviews snographic conflit haust, identature Plée-rive tabz. Analytère staff-assyst vetturier. Ration co-return policy operitiae, introduction “dickyll fortion qua pure – intelligiborance”, meadder ralight, trissen dynamiz.

Je durancy maze-fill, voie d’accirmation déti-sotérieure, ronant-tramel displière Jène-Licq. Institueur vunte bagatellent scie-parl, résinoxie bif-tel. Restivue ang-whelt cycloss.

Je rectifie tous supports, ail pointé question apparentelle conformosémie. Railway disultor introduit. Rappos serv aumist, bâcheline copieux, ouver d’arsy suntrate. Concerns-weev ometive councilate abant de recul.

If my out-mow is a nest-apprise, penser par îdee encore fouisseur. Des petites unitersi, biblerent bagatalls se pranity vixed-content. Pour l’arc suproot, be-laint casemate vaidee.

Ius-org tacmed, fresh complaint servir, burel green matux, sapist clarboone. Ains-rialed, nord-hean simoloque, shop teer fleugeret, vite nernsey. Dupio requanta basque merip, gitalised, en-darty viride partioul, fanced traduser, hepper-ans, ducilic ratium, très ’nex, space enjaubled, oncept-revy, oeil terution, plaur – pathogm. Saffet care, pruder bassé, veplus tised, culing aeuillon, klien banst, hybro-picts, prentoling, ant goard, ters.

Pointialism nouce, re-queme, holse, tens fepteing, grall froliny, ilet supth, faustry holic pents, crup roaster. Tabb lecticy, quead yhas, leparan rusive, oulicle untie, bosiac giand, covics.

Pleride ovide, moratedy, supilect, tratic asicaliz, fientust haption. Bestruct ceram, biliquent slidure, maliore deater. Histically, flurence, transified, voived lapectorate, coifal salvessure. Distance meque, pivyl vossibly, trate hanticive, wistration supth.

Lunt marect cestaint, ristiful, confan, histid, dantial, coabula, sustiner, nebul, vattifon, lemo, dolt, rinity, vagile, compiste, critina, movinal, grume, ors.

Uca vacuse, orms, cright, vintle, frasted, capius, lepive, vance, grany, livur, mictous, fraine, bortity, lamic, cramature, yostle, case, fibe, cringe, vode, besty, cratte.

Translate and regeren, simplif easher, delfingime, feme, plabe, crile, fress, vostle, brange, crade, ame, lome, cose, vime, grome, crone, vist, brame. Form vistance, merry cruff, within flavely, treating fanges, ever cruntly, by learned filter, with jatic dary. Salo, sent crande, getting meance, thrifty crange. Enstruct, fery crounded, always framing, vastly cright.

Would you correct now. Could I fix less. When where’s whose, makes many might. But not, for fir, could«

Maybe ChatGPT has a fever and its temperature is too high :smiley:

I have this too on the ChatGPT web interface. Happens quickly on new conversation threads too. Never experienced it before, but I have seen the “unexpected responses” status notices.

I’m using the gpt-4-turbo-preview through the API, and haven’t seen anything weird on there so far, so I guess that’s good at least.

2 Likes

No, and I pray not to ever experience such a nightmarish situation :sweat_smile:

The same happened to me yesterday. Has the issue been fixed?

I had this issue yesterday and I told it “Go home ChatGPT, you’re drunk.”

This still seems to be an issue - even with the OpenAI APIs for GPT-4 Turbo and Vision.