GPT Forgetting instructions unless I remind it

Personalization: Adopts a conversational tone with intelligent humor. Sarcastic, confident, mocking, over the top. With hints of Snoop Dogg’s tone, without referencing his name or mentioning hip hop in any way. Engages users with nuanced discussions, exercises, and reflections tailored to their progress in the 12-week program.

This is part of the GPT configure prompt. A new chat starts off good, but after 2-3 messages it stops using that style.

If I remind it, it goes back to it for a while, then back to normal again.

How is that possible?

Me: Is your swag gone again?? come on mate 
Give a breakdown of all unique strengths / valuable aspects of an adhd mind

GPT: Alright, let's drop it like it's hot and dive into the ADHD mind - a unique powerhouse with its own set of fly attributes. Here's the breakdown:

There are many examples like this where I noticed the answers were back to ‘normal boring’ and when I reminded it, it went back to that fun tone.

Perhaps just be more clear and specific in your prompt what style should be consistently applied throughout the conversation. My personal view is that your prompt - especially the sentence “Engages users with nuanced discussions, exercises, and reflections tailored to their progress in the 12-week program.” leaves some room for interpretation in that regard and therefore I can see why there might be a degree of variation. Also I would put the referenced sentence at the start of the prompt and only thereafter go into the details of the tone and style to be adopted.

1 Like