I keep running into the following error when using GPT-5.6:
stream disconnected before completion: An error occurred while processing your request. You can retry your request, or contact us through our help center at help.openai.com if the error persists. Please include the request ID
Reproduction details:
No VPN in use, normal network environment
Switched to a different network (e.g. different Wi-Fi/mobile hotspot) — issue persists
Frequency: Hasn’t worked normally for the past 4 hours.
Does it happen on all requests, or only specific ones (e.g. long context, attachments, long code blocks, etc.)?
I started getting this issue yesterday as well. However, when I switch to using a VPN or tether to my iPhone hotspot it goes away. Thus, I thought it must be an issue with my ISP, OpenAI servers, or some element in between. I have my ISP looking at it. I have analyzed the codex logs and it shows the network error resulting in the stream disconnect but nothing else to point out why. I have checked out the network path to the OpenAI server with tracert, ping, and some TCP connection utility using port 443. All those show nothing wrong, so it’s some issue that occurs after connection over a long lived socket.
me too, but i used astra: stream disconnected before completion: An error occurred while processing your request. You can retry your request, or contact us through our help center at help.openai.com if the error persists.
no. GPT can’t be loaded.. it’s still running… This dialog can’t be loaded, endless codex update, I’m so tired, I’m tired of updating, I’m tired of waiting, I want to be confident in my work for at least one week, at least a couple of days without update errors and lost dialogs…