GPT-4.5 Turbo Leaked? Release in June 2024? Discussion?

It seems that OpenAI GPT-4.5 Turbo has been leaked: search engines like Bing and DuckDuck Go have indexed the product page. The link still leads to an error page.
The model is said to have a context window of 256K tokens, twice as much as GPT-4 Turbo, and will be up-to-date until June 2024. It is also said to be OpenAI’s fastest, most accurate, and most scalable model to date.
There have been rumors about GPT-4.5 Turbo since December. The leaked teaser text does not provide any information about possible video or 3D capabilities.

https://old.reddit.com/r/OpenAI/comments/1bd0l8b/gpt_45_turbo_confirmed/

1 Like

Almost certainly BS.

I’m querying the blog every 15 minutes, so if it had been updated with a post about GPT-4.5-Turbo, I very likely would have caught it.

I suppose it is possible it went up, Google scraped it before they took it down, but I missed it, I just don’t think it’s real.

Besides, everything I’ve seen speculating about an intermediary model before GPT-5 has referenced GPT-4.2.

5 Likes

Ha, this chat share from October anticipates GPT-4.5…

That “GPT-4.5” couldn’t have anticipated you now need an account in order to read a chat share, and now can’t continue unless you are sharing within a team…

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s true

It’s may have 2 versions

GPT-4.5 and GPT-4.5 Turbo

For what it’s worth: one thing I have been observing since the weekend is the GPT-4 turbo’s capability to produce much longer outputs than was normally the case.

I’ve played around with a few different prompts including some quite simple ones that did not even include any additional context and suddenly I easily get these 1,500+ word responses in one go, which seemed quite difficult to achieve before…

2 Likes

It’s a constant up and down with the output length. I had up to 3K tokens almost reliably without additional effort the last month and now I am back to the base level.

Whatever you want to do with long model replies that doesn’t need to be production ready: do it now!

2 Likes