Gpt-3.5-turbo extremely frequent timeouts

GPT-3.5-TURBO response time is extremely long sometimes north of > 1 minute for a simple prompt.
I switch to other models and everything works fine. Even GPT-4 is faster.

11 Likes

I get this error message: Request failed with status code 502

3 Likes

Has this been an issue only over the past few days or have you always experienced this with GPT-3.5-TURBO?

I was finding the Chrome was locking up when a 504 was returned so I added a curl timeout which has fixed the hanging but I do often receive the error.

I’d be curious to hear recommendations. The timeout duration, re-processing ideas etc.

curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 30);

if (curl_errno($curl)) {
$error_message = curl_error($curl);
echo “A network error occurred as a response was not received within 30 seconds.”;
} else {

4 Likes

Definitely been a few days of slow responses, but today is especially bad. Half my requests are failing because of gpt-3.5-turbo long response times for my serverless functioons.

4 Likes

Same! Today is super slow. Sometimes randomly its fast but usually very slow and many timeouts

4 Likes

I’m having the same issue with GpT-3.5

“name”: “Timeout”,
“message”: “Request timed out: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘api.openai.com’, port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=600)”,

3 Likes

Same here, seeing about 5% of the requests from my application time out. Started yesterday for me.

3 Likes

same here for both gpt-3.5-turbo and text-davinci-003

5 Likes

API is almost non usable for the last 2 hours??? OpenAI please look into this asap.

4 Likes

Same here unfortunately. It’s especially bad today. I hope response times gets improved.

4 Likes

Yeah it is strange performance is so bad but status is so good, haha

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

The performance has been significantly slower since yesterday, and it appears that OpenAI may not be aware of the issue yet. Completing a request is currently taking around 5 minutes.

4 Likes

I am also experiencing this issue too. My requests timeout inconsistently

3 Likes

"Something went wrong. If this issue persists please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com. "

I’m getting this for the last 1 hr, won’t even respond to my friendly “Hi” lol

Not sure what’s going on…

4 Likes

Have been having the same issue over the last 12 hours.

3 Likes

Looks like the website is now down completely. I just get a white and empty page.

2 Likes

Same here. Really annoying. Does anybody know a workaround or faster / working model?

3 Likes

Same issue. Calls to API that took a few seconds three days ago now taking 5 minutes or more

4 Likes

I noticed some issues with the chat API as well. Often times reponse time is decent, but other times it fails on timeout. Horrible for user experience of course :unamused:

3 Likes

https://api.openai.com/v1/chat/completions is taking between 2s and a 5-minute timeout

4 Likes