General plugin questions - pricing, metrics, PII, content generation

1. Pricing / commercialization - how do you see this working? Assumption is that ChatGPT will have its own ecosystem with plugins being like apps in an app store. Wondering what your future plans are here. I assume we would need to use OAuth and set them up in our system if we wanted to charge the user.
  2. PII - are we able to capture any information about the user? Providing we ask for it and they consent to providing it.
  3. Emails - are we allowed to email the user with an answer to their question if processing time is going to be too long for a typical chat UX.
  4. Metrics - will OpenAI provide us with metrics/analytics for things like impressions? Or is the expectation that we log that? Number of times plugins are installed, activated etc.
  5. Is it possible to upload files through the ChatGPT interface for analysis? From the user.
  6. Is it possible to send files back / forth between customer & plugin?
  7. Content generation - images & video, is there an integration with ChatGPT for this or should we be using API calls to existing endpoints for this? (hoping videos come soon!)
  8. Is it possible to download files through ChatGPT UI?
7 Likes

Based on my limited experience with the plug-in system… this may help.

Emails: It is up to your plugin to decide whether to email users with answers to their questions. However, keep in mind that this may not be the best user experience for all users, as they may prefer to receive answers directly within the chat interface. Works well with sendgrid or Twilio. I have a prompt based bot of you would like to try it.

Metrics: OpenAI does not provide metrics or analytics for ChatGPT that I could find. You will need to log any metrics you wish to track yourself, such as impressions, number of plugin installations, and activations. I use the yaml and json to track this.

Uploading files: It is possible to upload files through the ChatGPT interface for analysis, but it is up to your plugin to implement this functionality using the Ui. /command structure.

Sending files: It is possible to send files back and forth between the customer and plugin, but again, it is up to your plugin to implement this functionality. Use a secondary link to a page on your website.

Content generation: ChatGPT does not currently have integration for generating images and videos. You may need to use API calls to existing endpoints for this functionality. I use stable diffusion for this.

Downloading files: It is possible to download files through the ChatGPT UI, but it is up to your plugin to implement this functionality. Use the markdown link capability.

ruv

2 Likes

Hey Benjamin nice ramp up for those concerns! +1 for every single point you mentioned. Hope some OpenAI staff would give us some guidance.

1 Like