Fine tuning - file not found

This seems like a basic thing, but I keep getting an error when trying to upload a file for fine tuning. Any ideas about what the problem is?

I have tried copying the file to the same folder with the same result.

Here is the command I am using from a windows (Anaconda) command prompt.

(base) C:\Users\Acer\anaconda3\Scripts>python openai api fine_tunes.create -t "H:\mldata\output_prepared.jsonl" -m curie

And the error:

Blockquote
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Acer\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\openai\cli.py”, line 246, in _get_or_upload
openai.File.retrieve(file)
File “C:\Users\Acer\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\openai\api_resources\abstract\api_resource.py”, line 13, in retrieve
instance.refresh(request_id=request_id)
File “C:\Users\Acer\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\openai\api_resources\abstract\api_resource.py”, line 18, in refresh
self.refresh_from(self.request(“get”, self.instance_url(), headers=headers))
File “C:\Users\Acer\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\openai\openai_object.py”, line 243, in request
response, stream, api_key = requestor.request(
File “C:\Users\Acer\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\openai\api_requestor.py”, line 129, in request
resp = self.interpret_response(rbody, rcode, rheaders, stream=stream)
File “C:\Users\Acer\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\openai\api_requestor.py”, line 348, in interpret_response
return self.interpret_response_line(rbody, rcode, rheaders, stream)
File “C:\Users\Acer\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\openai\api_requestor.py”, line 367, in interpret_response_line
raise self.handle_error_response(
openai.error.InvalidRequestError: No such File object: H:\mldata\output_prepared.jsonl

This is your python environment not being able to see the file. Not exactly sure why.

It is odd that the data prep tool doesn’t have a problem accessing files, but the process for uploading the file can’t access it.

I was able to get it to do something different by copying the file to the folder with the api_requestor.py library.

C:\Users\Acer\anaconda3\Lib\site-packages\openai

It gives a different error message. It looks like this error is from the server?

(base) C:\Users\Acer\anaconda3\Scripts>python openai api fine_tunes.create -t output_prepared.jsonl
[organization=user-lf76r2hn1wchy9vrsd87nxj0] ←[91mError:←[0m No file with ID: output_prepared.jsonl (HTTP status code: 400)

Ok, I got it to work after scrapping the Windows version. I installed WSL and Ubuntu on Windows.