Back in February, I posted “Chat as a Workspace” on the OpenAI forum: let the AI create and update UI elements directly inside a conversation.
Then Intelligent UI arrived. Some of that looked familiar ![]()
No idea whether anyone there saw my post, but it gives me an excuse to suggest the next thing.
Voice guidance for code, formulas, tables, diagrams — the things we look at while trying to understand how something works.
Reading code aloud is rarely what I need. Explaining why two highlighted lines create a race condition, while I can see both of them – that would be useful. Same with walking through a derivation or explaining which rows account for a change in a spreadsheet.
Let the visual content carry the detail, and the voice explain what to pay attention to and why. Let me interrupt: “Wait, why this part?”
The idea is to put analytical thinking, visual perception and listening to work together. I can inspect the details, see the relationships and hear the explanation. Ideally, these should help each other rather than compete for my attention.
And let me adjust it: more detail here, less narration there, slower through this formula. Sometimes, just stay quiet while I think =)
I’ve been experimenting with a small local assistant, Jarvis, partly to give my coding agents a voice. It’s built around my own setup and the tools I have. There is quite a bit more I’d do with tighter integration between the model, the editor and the voice.
So, OpenAI, here’s another feature request. The previous one seems a little less far-fetched now ![]()