Feature Request for studying

Feature Request: A Dedicated AI Study Section with Interactive Teaching Videos

I have an idea for a new Study section in ChatGPT, specifically designed for students.

I know ChatGPT already has Study Mode, but I think it could become much more powerful by combining it with Khan Academy-style teaching videos.

My idea is that ChatGPT could have a dedicated Study area where an AI teacher teaches a lesson visually. For example, if I’m studying AP Macroeconomics, the AI teacher could:

  • Write notes, formulas, graphs, and examples on a digital board while explaining them.
  • Explain each step at the exact moment it appears on the board.
  • Use animations to show things like supply and demand curves moving.
  • Pause when the student doesn’t understand something.
  • Let the student interrupt and ask a question at any time.
  • Change the explanation based on what the student is confused about.
  • Give practice questions and immediately explain mistakes.
  • Organize lessons by subject, unit, and topic.

For example, instead of showing me a finished economics graph and then explaining it, the AI teacher could draw the graph step-by-step while talking:

“First, this is our demand curve.”
The demand curve appears.

“Now the price decreases, so we move along the demand curve.”
The movement is shown on the graph.

“Notice that the curve itself did not shift.”

That would make it much easier for students to understand what the teacher is talking about and what they should look at.

I think the biggest advantage over YouTube or traditional educational videos would be that the student can actually talk to the teacher. If I don’t understand something, I shouldn’t have to search for another video. I could simply say, “Wait, I don’t understand why we divided by 5,” and the AI teacher could pause and explain that specific step in a different way.

I would also like this to be specifically focused on education, with appropriate safeguards, so the feature is clearly designed as a learning environment.

I think this could combine the best parts of Khan Academy-style visual teaching + ChatGPT’s ability to have an interactive conversation.

This would be especially helpful for students who don’t fully understand something in school but want another teacher who can explain the same concept in a way that makes sense to them.

I would love to see something like this become part of ChatGPT’s Study experience.

Hey @nensihadwani62, welcome to the community!

Combining Study Mode with visual lessons could make complex topics easier to follow. Having the AI draw and explain each step in real time, while allowing students to interrupt and ask questions, would offer something traditional videos cannot.

Organizing lessons by subject and adding practice questions with immediate feedback would make the experience even more useful for students.

I cannot promise when or whether something like this will be added, but I will pass the feedback along internally.

- Sunny