Feature request: Conversation length indicator and advance warning before reaching the limit

I’d like to suggest a conversation length indicator and an advance warning before a chat reaches its maximum length.

This has happened to me several times during ongoing work. Today, while analysing my online shop, I suddenly received the message shown in the attached screenshot: the conversation had reached its maximum length and I needed to start a new chat.

Without an earlier warning, I had no opportunity to request a handover summary before reaching the limit. Moving to a new conversation then means manually reconstructing the context, decisions and next steps.

My suggestions are:

  1. A visible, approximate indicator of how much conversation capacity has been used. It does not need to be an exact percentage.

  2. An early warning while there is still enough room to prepare a useful summary.

  3. A “Summarise and continue in a new chat” button that carries over the key context, decisions and unfinished tasks.

The most important part is warning users before the conversation becomes blocked, so they can preserve continuity without interrupting their work unexpectedly.

1 Like