Error "You requested a model that is not compatible with this engine." when using Codex in Playground

Hi! I just encounter the problem today when using the Playground:

You requested a model that is not compatible with this engine. Please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com for further questions.

Then I try it again in Python

result = openai.Completion.create(
                     engine='code-davinci-002', 
                     prompt=prompt,
                     max_tokens=256, 
                     temperature=0.4, 
                     n=1, 
                     stop='\n\n\n')

And the same problem occurs as “openai.error.InvalidRequestError: You requested a model that is not compatible with this engine. Please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com for further questions.”

May I check whether this is due to some problems on my side about account settings or it’s from the API itself? I just used the Playground yesterday and remember it worked well then so I’m wondering whether I just missed some update on the API usage here.

1 Like

It’s working here, sorry.

Do any of the other models work for you?

Thanks for your reply.
I just found that other models can work now in the Playground except for Codex (“code-davinci-002”).
It seems “code-davinci-002” is the only one which still has some problem.

I have the same issue when using Playground based on ‘code-davinci-002’.

I’m not sure if this is the same problem, but depending on my presets in the Playground, the dropdown menu for the model actually switches to code-davinci-003 (which isn’t openly available AFAIK) and I get an error like yours.

Umm not sure whether this is due to the same problem, but in my case it’s still “code-davinci-002” and the 003 one does not exist.

HELP,my problem is
ubuntu@VM-0-6-ubuntu:~$ curl https://api.openai.com/v1/completions
-H"Content-Type:application/json
-H"Authorization: tF -d’
“model”:“text-davinci-003”,
“prompt”:“Correct this to standard English: n\nShe no went to the market.”,“temperature :0,“max_tokens :60,“top_p”:1.0,
“frequency_penalty”: 0.0 presence_penalty”: 0.0}
error":{
message":"You requested a model that is not compatible with this engine. Please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com for furth questions.
“type”: “invalid_request_error”,"param :“model”, code :null}
ubuntu@VM-0-6-ubuntu:~$

1 Like

do you solve this problem?

This appears to be a sporadic error. I saw it for the first time today. My code goes into retry mode on an error from OpenAI. It succeeded on the second attempt -

OpenAIServicesBase - An exception occurred: Type: BadRequestError, Value: Error code: 400 - {‘error’: {‘message’: ‘You requested a model that is not compatible with this engine. Please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com for further questions.’, ‘type’: ‘invalid_request_error’, ‘param’: ‘model’, ‘code’: None}}, Traceback: Traceback (most recent call last):