"Enter Your Message" textarea and "Run" button disappear on Assistants Playground

Today, when I go to the assistants playground at https://platform.openai.com/playground/assistants , I paste a piece of text (maybe two page’s worth) into the “Enter your message” dialog box and the green “Run” button scrolls down and off the bottom edge of the browser window. So today I’m unable to submit a message using the assistants playground. I’m using the same V2 assistant, same input text as yesterday.

I tried it in latest Chrome and Firefox.

Previous to today, this worked fine.

A work-around to keep the “Run” button visible seems to be to change the magnification to 70% or 80% but when I click on “Run” button I get this error:

Error adding message: Invalid ‘content’: array too long. Expected an array with maximum length 10, but got an array with length 14 instead.

The issues that I raised in this thread appear to be resolved. No more follow up is necessary.

Apologies, only one of the issues is resolved - The issue with the “Run” button.

The error message with the ‘content’ array too long is still there.

When I paste eleven lines at once into the input and click “Run”, it tells me that only 10 lines are allowed. The error message is “Error adding message: Invalid ‘content’: array too long. Expected an array with maximum length 10, but got an array with length 11 instead.” I’m pretty sure that pasting many lines into the input has never caused an issue.

here is a simple input for testing:

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven

@szaslavsky I am getting the same error on a set of prompts and an excel file that was working yesterday, but now I get the array error.

I have been working on making the prompts I am using simplier and more steps but thats not really working and certainly not what I want.

Have you had any luck?

@bscribble1350 thanks for confirming that it’s not “just me”. I think the problem was introduced overnight by an OpenAI code change to the front end. My work-around is to paste a couple lines (no more than 10!) at a time and hit the little “+” button between pasting input. I’m hoping the folks at OpenAI read this thread and fix the issue before Monday.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 18 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.