luke
March 5, 2022, 2:22am
1
Hi everyone! Quick update, we’ve added the ability to customize your fine-tune model names with a suffix parameter .
openai api fine_tunes.create -t test.jsonl -m ada --suffix "custom model name"
Would create a model named:
ada:ft-your-org:custom-model-name-2022-02-15-04-21-04
Have a great weekend!
(PS remember to upgrade first: pip install --upgrade openai)
Whooo, I remember asking for this feature, thank you!
Thanks so much. I almost had the long-names memorized! haha
Keep up the great work!
Phew! Thank you for the update!
Does this only work in the CLI? Would it work using the REST API? Or does the CLI use the REST API? I was only able to find the suffix mentioned in this context in one location in the github repo:
import datetime
import os
import signal
import sys
import warnings
from functools import partial
from typing import Optional
import requests
import openai
from openai.upload_progress import BufferReader
from openai.validators import (
apply_necessary_remediation,
apply_validators,
get_search_validators,
get_validators,
read_any_format,
write_out_file,
write_out_search_file,
This file has been truncated. show original
I see the suffix mentioned here: OpenAI API
In short, would the following snippet work?
payload = {'training_file': fileid, 'model': model, 'suffix': suffix}
resp = requests.request(method='POST', url='https://api.openai.com/v1/fine-tunes', json=payload, headers=header, timeout=45)
UPDATE: I answered my own question. Yes, the above code worked!
Hi, is there a way to rename an existing fine-tuned model ?
Thiago
June 25, 2023, 2:11am
7
Thank you! Seems very interesting.