Constantly getting an error that stalls progress: Error in message stream

Environment

  • Surface: API / SDK / Playground / Platform
  • Endpoint or feature:
  • Model:
  • SDK and version, if applicable:

Bug

What happened, and what did you expect?

Reproduction

Minimal code, request, or steps to reproduce:

Diagnostics

  • Exact error and HTTP status:
  • Request ID, if available:
  • When it happened (with timezone) and how often:

Working as normal on small projects and keep getting this error: Error in message stream I have tried moving to new chat sessions and it works for a short while then the error returns. It is becoming really frustrating now and wasting loads of time. Is there a fix for this please?

Welcome to the forum!

The bug report template asks for details that help others reproduce and isolate the problem. So far, the only specific error you’ve included is “Error in message stream.” Could you add the steps leading up to it, what you expected to happen, and your Codex version and environment?

I’m not an OpenAI employee, so I can’t check internal reports. I did find open Codex issues mentioning that error, though the message alone isn’t enough to tell whether one matches your case.