Configuring Dual Authentication - OAuth and API Key

We are currently facing a challenge with configuring dual authentication for an API hosted behind Azure API Management (APIM).

An API key for Azure APIM authentication.
A bearer token for application-level authentication.
The issue arises when configuring the Actions → Authentications in our setup. It appears that I can only select either OAuth or an API key, but not both simultaneously. I prefer not to hardcode the API key along with the instructions and instruct the GPTs to use that when the API is invoked.

Please let me know how to resolve this limitation.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and suggestions!

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. I’m also seemingly unable to use multiple API keys.

For example we have some APIs we integrate with that have API keys for different path calls (one for authentication, and another for other queries).

Right now you have to hard code the API key into the text input box under the Action, and the system totally ignores defined values in the “security” object for the call.

Are there any updates or insights on configuring dual authentication with both OAuth and API keys? Your input would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Split your schema and have them as two separate actions might work? presumably the endpoints that use OAuth are separate from the ones that use an API key

In our case, all the endpoints exposed to the GPTs require both the API key (APIM authentication) & bearer token (application-level authentication). Hence, splitting the schema will not resolve the issue.