Codex Usage: Show estimated development time remaining based on current usage

I’d like to suggest adding an estimated “development time remaining” indicator to Codex’s usage information.

Currently, usage information primarily tells users when they are approaching their limits. For longer development sessions, knowing that you’re at 10% or 5% remaining often comes too late to make a useful planning decision. You may already have started a substantial implementation when you discover that there isn’t enough capacity remaining to finish it.

It would be extremely useful if Codex displayed something like:

Weekly allowance: 28% remaining
Purchased credits: 436 remaining
Estimated development time remaining: approximately 2h 45m

The estimated time could be calculated from the user’s recent Codex consumption and clearly identified as an estimate. For example:

“Based on your recent usage, you have approximately 2–3 hours of similar development remaining. Complex agentic tasks may consume capacity faster.”

It would also be useful to provide optional warnings at thresholds such as 50%, 25%, 10%, and 5%.

The purpose isn’t necessarily to increase the existing usage limits. It’s to give developers enough visibility to plan their work around those limits.

For example, if I know I have approximately 30 minutes of development capacity remaining, I can finish testing and documentation and wait for my allowance to reset before beginning another implementation. If I know I have approximately three hours remaining, I can confidently begin a larger development task.

For developers using Codex for sustained project work, knowing “How much work can I reasonably accomplish before reaching my limit?” is considerably more useful than discovering that the limit is nearly exhausted after a long-running task has already begun.

Even an approximate estimate based on each user’s recent consumption would make Codex usage limits significantly easier to plan around.