Chatwithpdf plugin doesn't work

Hello everyone!!!
Who know how to uninstall this chatwithpdf plugin? I tried many times, but every time got error.

1 Like

Great to hear about this! I m not a Dev but I will try it when it is ready.

1 Like

Angelos,

Thanks for reaching out. If you don’t have developer access, we have to wait till OpenAI approves this.

I’ll let you know, just hope OpenAI does approve it. I was looking for dev to help test to improve the odds :).

Btw, how are you using ChatGPT?

Thanks

Amy

Dear Amy,

Greetings from Cyprus! I have discovered that there is a significant need for private knowledge bases for companies and professionals. These knowledge bases do not need to be larger than 1.5GB. User-friendly access to these bases would be a lifesaver. For example, a knowledge base containing technical manuals for expensive equipment from a dealership could include diagrams, step-by-step instructions, troubleshooting guides, spare part codes, and more. Such a solution, with local support and remote customization, I believe would be profitable and truly useful.

Furthermore, I am seeking solutions for generating tables that involve calculations in fields such as Economics, Accounting, and so on. There is a significant gap in this area due to the limitations of existing GPT solutions, as they cannot handle error margins in calculations. I engage with such peculiar challenges and more! :smiley: I would be delighted to hear any suggestions you may have!

Yours sincerely,

Angelos

I worked on ChatWithPDF for a few days at best – just picked up the simple PyPDF library(GitHub - py-pdf/pypdf: A pure-python PDF library capable of splitting, merging, cropping, and transforming the pages of PDF files) to parse PDFs. Hoping to use more complex parsers to parse structured data within PDFs.

Unlike other plugins we embed PDFs into a vector database locally and search against it. Other parsers typically just dump the entire PDF which is an issue when dealing with 25+ page documents with text.

Let me know if I can help, email is surya@hey.com

JiggyBase is in the plugin store! We are the first business-class chat your data application in the store. If you want to chat your personal document, give it a try. See more details from this thread Chat your documents with JiggyBase ChatGPT Plugin

That’s a lot of work you put into it with a vector store. I hope you can charge for it soon to cover the cost.

I think your plugin has great synergy with SEO.app to create novel content from PDF papers.

Hay mejores en CHATWITHPDF tiene un gran potencial. Algunas veces falla. Estoy tratando de crear un listado de los mejores plugins. Alguna actualización o mejora? GRACIAS A TODOS

I’ve tried chat with-pdf with google drive dropbox and one drive. it can’t ready any of the pdfs

The same problem here - so frustrating…

Somehow it worked now (nothing really changed). The problem is, that I have uploaded a company finance statement to it and asked several questions - EVERY single one of them has been answered wrong repeatedly! There is a very long way to go…

It goes like this:
2023-06-16 18_02_36-Greenshot

fortunately, another plugin, AskYourPDF, is working

Working is relativ. The same poor-quality responses occur when working with numbers in PDFs, especially spreadsheets. There is still quite a way to go…

1 Like

Thank you so much for this informations. Iam happyy now.

For me, this is still the case…thank you though for developing!

Try Document AI. Great Results!

1 Like

Thank you! This worked for me after having tried askyourpdf, google drive, dropbox switching the ending 0 and 1, free upload locations and several other fruitless methods. I hope this keeps working! Thank you again!

Did not get it - what exactly worked out for you?

Obviously, it’s not for free, you don’t even have some free limited amount of pages, do you?

Hello, I keep getting the error message: could not log in with plugin when installing ChatWithPDF plugin. Why is that? thanks!

1 Like