Can I ask for DALLE2 prompts to people in Instagram and post them in my story?

I want to show the possibilities of dalle to my small number of followers on IG, so would there be a problem if I ask my followers for prompts so they can “interact” with dalle?

Only I will be going to use dalle, but I will use the prompts of my followers.

I am asking this just to clarify what I found in DALL·E 2 Preview - Risks and Limitations Github page that says:

• Use for non-commercial purposes: As this is an experimental research platform, users are not allowed to use generated images for commercial purposes. For example, users may not license, sell, trade, or otherwise transact on these image generations in any form, including through related assets such as NFTs. Users also may not serve these image generations to others through a web application or through other means of third-parties initiating a request.

And because of this, found in Sharing & Publication Policy:

Posting your own prompts / completions to social media is generally permissible, as is livestreaming your usage or demonstrating our products to groups of people. Please adhere to the following:

• Manually review each generation before sharing or while streaming.
  • Attribute the content to your name or your company.
  • Indicate that the content is AI-generated in a way no user could reasonably miss or misunderstand.
  • Do not share content that violates our Content Policy or that may offend others.
  • If taking audience requests for prompts, use good judgment; do not input prompts that might result in violations of our Content Policy.
3 Likes

Yes, that is allowed. Just use good judgement in the prompts you receive and try, and follow the content policy. For now, we also ask that you don’t publish images with photorealistic faces (but drawings, paintings etc are fine).

Longer explanation: The statement on non-commercial use is that you can’t build an app to route prompts to DALL-E. Your use case is covered by the bullet point that you highlighted from the Sharing & Publication policy.

6 Likes

Hi @satelerd ,

Now that your question is answered. Can I send you some prompts?

Yeah of course, send me the prompts through twitter dm

https://twitter.com/danielsateler1

1 Like

Thank you very much for the reply.

Using dalle has been a wonderful experience, I have generated thousands of images and it keeps surprising me more and more.
This is undoubtedly a turning point in the development of humanity as a whole, I can’t wait for more people to have access.

All my followers (and especially me) are shocked by the images it has generated. I really thank the OpenAI team very much for the opportunity they are giving me.

5 Likes