Can a custom GPT builder choose between the underlying models

In OpenAI GPTs, is a custom GPT powered by GPT-4, GPT-4 turbo, or GPT-4 omni? I created a custom GPT for English editing and I found that its editing capability was similar to ChatGPT-4o (based on GPT-4 omni or GPT-4 turbo?) but not as good as the performance of ChatGPT-4 (based on GPT-4?), so is GPT-4 model better than GPT-4 turbo and GPT-4 omni models in text understanding and editing? How can I make my custom GPT for English editing powered by GPT-4 instead of GPT-4 turbo or GPT-4 omni model if GPT-4 model is indeed better than GPT-4 turbo or GPT-4 omni model in text understanding and editing?

Nope, no controls. OpenAI has decided to make GPTs operate worse than a normal Plus account by switching them to GPT-4o. You get downgrade to what the free user can get when using your GPT.

“GPT-4” in ChatGPT Plus was very obviously already switched to GPT-4-turbo, where if you need an AI that can truly comprehend, you have to use real API GPT-4.

OpenAI shows the effectiveness of branding (and that all ads are lies) by promoting something worse.

2 Likes