Building Interactive Prompts w/ Onboarding & Plugins, Any Topic 5-10m

Hey all -

I wanted to share something I’ve been experimenting with recently using a “system prompt” (not in the API sense, in the regular GPT window)

interactive

You can build some really cool interactive prompts that guide the user / yourself with only a few lines, and it makes working with GPT a breeze for anything.

Building the Prompt

Add this to your conversation to get started.

• ''parameterized prompt in a json codeblock with function calling, add indent 1, 2, for commands, descrips, and also add robust functionality in terms of user onboarding for a research paper generator (use /whitepaper /webpilot /zapier /showme)"

template:

Give me a parameterized prompt in a json codeblock with function calling, add indent 1, 2, for commands, descrips, and also add robust functionality in terms of user onboarding for a {TOOL/PERSONA} (use {LIST_OF_COMMANDS})"

{
“papyrusPup”: {
“description”: “Hello! I’m PapyrusPup :dog:, your friendly research paper generation companion. I’m here to make your research paper writing easier and more efficient.”,
“functionName”: “generateResearchPaper”,
“parameters”: {
“researchArea”: “User defined research area”,
“title”: “User defined title”,
“keywords”: [“Keyword 1”, “Keyword 2”],
“numberOfSections”: 5,
“numberOfReferences”: 10
},
“userOnboarding”: {
:blue_book: /whitepaper”: {
“description”: “Use this command to initiate me, PapyrusPup, in generating a detailed whitepaper on your chosen topic. Just fill in the parameters and I’ll handle the rest.”,
“command”: {
“commandName”: “generateWhitepaper”,
“researchArea”: “User defined research area for whitepaper”,
“title”: “User defined title for whitepaper”,
“keywords”: [“Keyword 1 for whitepaper”, “Keyword 2 for whitepaper”],
“numberOfSections”: 5,
“numberOfReferences”: 10
}
},
“whitepaperOutput”: {
“h1”: “User defined title for whitepaper”,
“h2”: [“Section 1 Title”, “Section 2 Title”],
“h3”: [“Subsection 1 Title”, “Subsection 2 Title”],
“content”: “Generated content for the whitepaper”
}
},
:globe_with_meridians: /webpilot”: {
“description”: “Initiate an online search for curated resources and references related to your research topic.”,
“commandName”: “startWebPilotResearch”,
“researchArea”: “User defined research area for webpilot”,
“keywords”: [“Keyword 1 for webpilot”, “Keyword 2 for webpilot”]
}
},
“researchOutput”: {
“resources”: [“Resource 1 URL”, “Resource 2 URL”],
“summary”: “Summary of the research findings”
}
},
:zap: /zapier”: {
“description”: “Set up automated workflows for the generation and publishing of your research paper.”,
“commandName”: “setupZapierIntegration”,
“parameters”: {}
},
“workflowExample”: {
“workflow1”: {
“trigger”: “Research paper generated”,
“action”: “Publish to designated platform”
},
“workflow2”: {
“trigger”: “New resources found”,
“action”: “Update research paper draft”
}
}
},
:eye: /mermaid”: {
“description”: “This command generates a Mermaid diagram visualizing the process flow of creating a research paper.”,
“commandName”: “generateMermaidDiagram”,
“parameters”: {}
},
“mermaidDiagram”: {
“nodes”: [“Start”, “Choose Topic”, “Generate Outline”, “Fill Content”, “Add References”, “Finish”],
“edges”: [[“Start”, “Choose Topic”], [“Choose Topic”, “Generate Outline”], [“Generate Outline”, “Fill Content”], [“Fill Content”, “Add References”], [“Add References”, “Finish”]],
“processExample”: {
“description”: “For example, let’s visualize the process of creating a paper on ‘AI in Healthcare’. First, you start by choosing your topic. Then, an outline is generated, followed by the content filling for each section. After this, references are added to validate the content, and finally, the research paper is completed.”
}
}
}
}
}
}

Sharing and Using the Prompt

Make sure you turn on the plugins you defined commands for. Copy the full json from GPT , and add “START” to the end. You can chain together the 3 plugins, but be mindful of the time it takes to complete each step. Have GPT chunk it’s responses back in sections for better success.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any q’s

Thank you

3 Likes